Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Where we start

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Courtesy http://www.ncnnetwork.com/

How did we get in so much debt to begin with? I'm not the one who was managing finances, and my husband says he doesn't really know, either. <---- (scary, that!)

$11000 is my student loan. DH has about $4500 (I think). We have about $6000 negative equity from the car.

That's a lot of junk to make up the rest. I'm sure some of it was home improvements. My hospital bill probably went on a card "to be paid off later."

Let me tell ya, paying stuff off later isn't all it's cracked up to be. But we're putting our nose to the grindstone and doing it.

So far, we sold our car back to the dealer, are using a borrowed vehicle, DH takes the bus to work and back, we eat as cheaply as we can (when we don't succumb to eating out), and we constantly evaluation whether we really *need* something - whether we've bought it already or not!

This is our journey.

No comments: